Telephone: 020 8538 2454
NHS England involvement hub: https://www.england.nhs.uk/participation/
Hounslow Clinical Commissioning Group is dedicated to commissioning the best possible services for the people of Hounslow. In order for us to do this we need to make sure we communicate clearly and engage with GPs and local people as well as within health and social care and our local stakeholders.
Patients are at the heart of everything we do at Hounslow CCG.
We make decisions about health services for Hounslow based on the feedback we get from local people, patient experiences, and the involvement of local people on our committees and on our Governing Body.
We want people to feel they are being listened to and that they can make a valuable contribution in setting and meeting the health priorities for Hounslow.
In this section, you can find out how you can get involved with the CCG, how you can share your experiences and what we do with your feedback. If you want to receive regular updates from the CCG, join our mailing list.
How does Hounslow CCG work with patients?
- Patients are represented on our governing body and other committees.
- We are dedicated to ensuring that public engagement (PPE) is embedded within the overall work of the CCG to drive improvements in health care.
- Our GP practices have patient participation groups.
- Patient choice is included in professional training for our clinicians.
- We work closely with the voluntary and community sector groups in Hounslow.
- Regular public consultations and events are held by the CCG.
- We work closely with Healthwatch Hounslow.
- We have an established Patient and Public Engagement Committee chaired by one of our lay members; this includes representation from our local council, Healthwatch and members of the carers’ forum.
- We have patient representation in all our clinical networks and we are currently working with this group to develop our patient leadership panel. This will consist of a diverse range of patients, public and carers that represents our Hounslow communities, including those experiencing the greatest health inequalities.
- We ensure that patients have a say in their own care.
- View our letter to stakeholders from January 2016 in English, Polish and Punjabi.
We communicate with patients for many different purposes, such as:
- To provide information about services and/or changes in services.
- To obtain feedback, and patients' views about services and their health needs.
- Distribution of the Hounslow CCG Annual Report to public places including libraries and health centres.
- To explain how the NHS works, and how they can participate.
- To let them know how we are doing.
Because we often seek to engage on technical health issues, or need to talk to specific categories of patients or service users, we engage with patients in different ways:
- As individuals
- As representatives of GP practices.
- Through service-specific processes (e.g. clinical engagement forums).
- As representatives of patients in general (particularly through focus groups, surveys or community development).
- As formal representative bodies, in particular through Healthwatch Hounslow, service user and advocacy groups or community development.
- Through intermediaries, where we are seeking to engage 'easy to overlook' groups, such as people from BME communities, travellers or LGBT people, and work through trusted networks or community development to open a channel of communication.
To strengthen communication and engagement with local residents, we will particularly focus on:
- Providing information about NHS services within Hounslow, including how to navigate through the system.
- Understanding the health needs of the local population.
- Campaigns aimed at changing beliefs or behaviours in priority health areas.
- Being held accountable for the services we commission, and decisions about priorities.
- Leading and managing the reputation of the NHS in Hounslow.
We want to be responsive and identify ways in which people can get involved and how best to support them in this. We want to be inclusive and find ways of reaching out to as many people in the community, especially to those communities who are often underrepresented.
Use the menus on the left to find out more about the different ways you can get involved and have your say.
For more information, please contact Hounslow CCG's engagement and communications manager, Dilo Lalande, by emailing email@example.com.